Abilify is the trade name of medication, the main active component of which is aripiprazole. As a result of the selective action of a chemical compound on some metabotropic, membrane and other receptors there is a stable therapeutic effect used in the treatment of schizophrenia and other psychiatric disorders.
Prescription of Abilify
- the medication is used for the treatment as well as to normalize the functions of vital activity and to relief symptoms of patients with schizophrenia in the acute form;
- treatment and follow-up support for patients with the first type bipolar disorder characterized by aggravation of manic episodes.
Side effects of the drug Abilify:
- hypotension and tachycardia;
- nausea, loss of appetite;
- allergic reactions;
- cramps, myalgia;
- insomnia, somnolence;
- psoriasis, dry skin, excessive sweating;
- conjunctivitis, ear pain;
- weight loss, influenzal syndrome, excess fluid in the soft tissues, pain in the neck and chest.